Kilkenny Triathlon Club is delighted to jointly host this year’s Time Trial league with our friends in Marble City Cyclers. The format of the TT league has been agreed as follows:
1. The TT league will be held on three routes and you will get to test each route twice. It will start on Thursday 5th May and finish on 9th June, running every Thursday evening. Start time will be around 7-7.30pm and everyone is asked turn up for 7pm to sign up on the first night. The meeting point for the 1st night is between the round-a-bout on the ring road and St. Patricks on the Kells Road. Click here for map location
2. Entry fee for the TT league is €10, regardless of the number of TT events you participate (i.e. it costs the same to participate in one race, as it does for all six!). Entry is only open to current members of Marble City Cyclers or Kilkenny Triathlon Club
3. Prizes will be awarded on a team and individual basis. A social and prize giving night will be held on Friday, 10th July in the Left Bank at 8.30pm
4. Please email
to express your interest in taking part
5. Please note that rules of the road will apply and helmets are compulsory
The three routes all featured in last year’s Kilkenny Cycles’ TT and are as follows:
1. Kells Road TT: Time starts on the Kells Road near roundabout on the Ring Road. This TT will then go as far as the Seven Houses cross road, take a left, come out at Waterford Rd at Danesfort GAA clubhouse, take a left towards Kilkenny, take left at Waterford Rd roundabout and time finishes near Lahart garages. An undulating course with a number of turns to negotiate, maintaining good momentum is difficult on this route but doing just that is key to a good time.
2. Kilmanagh Hill TT: Time starts with a nine kilometre cycle on the Kilmanagh – Kilkenny road. At Ballyhendricken cross road, take a right. A drag will turn into a hill to climb to top of hill for time finish. Sounds simple but trust me, your lungs will be gasping! This one is like a very condensed version of Mont Ventoux with a gently start leading to a nasty climb where the true climbers will come to the fore.
3. Cillin Hill TT: Time starts near Cillin Hill (on Dublin Road) and finishes at Paddies Pub on Dublin Road. Simple as that! This one is a pure test of power with no technical bits to worry about.
Further details will follow in due course.
| Thursday May 23rd, 7:00pm|
| Saturday May 25th|
| Sunday May 26th, 12:00pm|
| Saturday Jun 1st|
| Saturday Jun 8th|
| Saturday Jun 15th|
| Saturday Jun 22nd|
| Saturday Jun 29th|